Broker Check

Special Needs Planning

<span>Provide for Your Child&#8217;s Future</span>

Provide for Your Child’s Future

Parents have one thing in common: They want their children to be provided and cared for no matter what. If you have a child with disabilities, that desire doesn’t change. However, the method for providing for them can become much more complicated.

Special needs planning can have many challenges. How can you leave funds to your child without them losing important public benefits? How do you ensure their funds are well managed? How can you ensure there’s enough money to meet your disabled child’s needs?

At Zircon Financial, we’re experienced with developing special needs plans that address all of these issues, so you can feel more confident your child will receive the care they need.

Care for Your Loved Ones

Life is unpredictable, and special needs planning isn’t always something that arises in childhood. If a loved one is injured in an accident or in military service, you might find yourself abruptly responsible for planning for their care when they are no longer able to do so themselves. Whether it’s a partner, sibling, or other adult family member, their care and comfort are still central in your priorities—and in ours.

Setting Up a Special Needs Trust

Setting Up a Special Needs Trust

Special Needs Trusts are a key part of special needs planning for most families. These trusts allow for the management of funds in behalf of your child or other loved one, if they’re unable to manage their own finances due to their disability. Additionally, they can preserve the individual’s eligibility for public benefits—such as Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, and public housing benefits—while providing additional funds for their care.

Special Needs Trusts can be utilized in a number of situations, and we can refer you to a legal professional who will help you to establish, manage, and plan for the use of these trusts for your loved one’s benefit.

Planning for Their Future Care

Ensuring your disabled child or other loved one will always be cared for goes far beyond finances. If their disability prevents them from caring for themselves, regardless of how old they may be, you need to know that someone will be there to care for them if something happens to you.

This is often done in conjunction with estate planning, in which you can name a guardian for your child or other loved one, dictate how much money will be provided to the guardian for their care, and a number of other important steps to protect the person you love and their future.

If you have a child or other loved one with a disability and you’re concerned about their future care, contact Zircon Financial Services. We’ll guide you through the process of special needs planning and refer you to appropriate legal counsel so you can rest a little easier.

Contact Us

For more information about our firm and the services we offer, send us a quick email or call the office. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. | 703-337-2933